Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poker Blog of the Month!

It is probably news to a lot of people reading this blog that Poker Down Under and Every Where Else was just named pokerweblog of the month. Out of the thousands and thousands of poker blogs out there this is indeed an achievement. You can view the achievement by visiting www.pokerweblogs.com and scrolling down the right hand side.

Usually I stay focused on the subject of poker in my blog but I think that this time I will make an exception. With poker comes reading poker blogs, poker books and reading poker strategy and it seems that these factors of a poker enthusiasts game combined is what has made this blog that you are reading one of only twelve of the year selected as the poker blog of the month.

What makes a Winning Poker Blog? Really I didn’t know until now. I simply blogged! I honestly didn’t take an ounce of notice. I wrote articles on suggested subjects, things that I thought were important and at times as directed. I had discussions with my readers, replied to comments and thought up the next subject. There is more to a winning poker blog then this though. All of the little tasks one cannot see in the back add to this achievement.

A blog must be neat, clean cut and appealing to a variety of audiences. A blog has labels and links and many other things that people overlook. A blog in summary; takes a lot of work to make it successful. It is primarily the writing and information in the blog that makes you read it, but you need to remember how you got here à to be able to read it!

I have my blog on a number of sites; you may have arrived here through any one of these. Networked Blogs on Facebook? Pokerwebblogs? BlogCatalogue? Womanpokerplayermag? Maybe you searched my name or a topic? My point is a winning poker blog goes beyond just writing. How can anything be “winning” if it is never seen? People have to have a reason and a path to return and to let others know about it too.

I am unlikely to be selected as blog of the month again; ever! After all there are only 12 each year. If you were to look at the amount of poker blogs that are available and how brilliant they are you would understand what I mean. In the next 5 years; globally, only 60 will be chosen. Mine has made its mark and alike my blog others will follow. Have a good look at my blog, have a VERY good look. Also have a look at the variety of things you can do in the backend of your blog and DO THEM! You could be next!

My last blog post indicated I know what it takes to be a “winning poker player” alike Joe Hachem and for those that hadn’t picked up the other person I had mentioned at the bottom of the blog Amanda De Cesare. I hope you took this advice, Joe’s code has gotten him where he is and Amanda is doing a brilliant job following it. As for blogging, it seems I am the queen this month so again; take the valuable advice I have written in this blog post; now and in the future. I am rarely wrong regardless of what critics may say.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way to make this fine blog! Especially to the guys who taught me other blogging aspects that I now share with you. Thanks mostly though to the people who have taught me the finer aspects of poker and writing after all – that’s the main reason a poker blog is out there; to share knowledge and valuable information.


For now I am off to do some more writing. This time; with a BIG SMILE on my face and the knowledge I too can one day be like Marsha Waggoner - time to step into some big live poker tourneys I think!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails