Friday, February 18, 2011

Poker and Dogs Help My Passions

Maybe not for everyone, but for myself and many others I have found along my life journey there are two passions beyond family and friends that go hand in hand, poker and dogs. For those who know me personally or have followed my facebook posts about my beloved canine friends in the past, you would know that I was outrageously mad to say the least over the last few months. To all those that have no clue as yet due to my absence from the poker world things got a lot worse for me and my best friend (one of them anyway).

I had made discussions and posts about the annoyance and anger regarding the treatment of my beloved dogs and myself by the ranger. Not all the rangers, just 1. This ranger has continued his crap to the point I almost had a nervous breakdown and my health suffered incredibly as he partially won a battle against us and pretty much forced the re-homing of my best friend, my baby, my love.

Let me explain and then let me ask you something.

My dog apparently escaped and ran up to an elderly lady. I wont go into details other then to say the lady seems to care very little about this, the dog didnt bite her nor attack her but the ranger classed this as intimidation and harassment, let's remember we are talking about my beautiful border collie puppy you have all seen pics of. The ranger landed on my doorstep at 8am on Sunday and said "Hand her over to be put down or pay $1000.00". I had just lost my nan, had my son in my care after major surgery on his arm and severe health issues I will not disclose but can say are a womens worse nightmare. He would not even allow me to re-home her.

I convinced him to give me until 10am the next day and he came back as promised. I told him I was re-homing my pet temporarily (to keep it away from harms way being HIM) and that i would pay the fines. Not good enough! He wanted my dog dead. (revenge?) He said he was placing a dangerous dog order on her and that i would be forced to cage her infinity. Not having this cage imposes fines such as $33,000.00. What does one do?

I refused to accept this and locked myself inside hysterical. He called seniors. I called for help. (That's the summary).

I asked the assistance of people in the poker community such as Peter Blackhall from NoahsK9 school. He did a fabulous job helping without even thinking twice. I also managed to find rescue groups to help me out such as Border Collie Rescue or Arajoel. The situation didn't turn out perfect, far from it. But my dog lives and at this stage has no dangerous dog order and i do not believe it will get one.

The dog has been re-homed with Arajoel and I believe it was NoahsK9 schools convincing as well as the strength of the rescue organizations leader that saved her life. I was powerless without them. I am still paying the fines and my heart is broken and missing a piece for forever. I will miss playing online poker as my health improves over the coming weeks (and the Dr visits and hospital visits get fewer) with my beloved girl by my feet or snuggling with me as I do my thing - play poker and love my dogs. She lives though and has another chance of life, thank goodness for the support we received.

I know that people are going through tragedies left right and center, heart breaking ones to say the least. This is how I felt yet was helped unconditionally and while i didn't have a mass of funds by these people. If you are a poker player and a dog lover, and have received any kind of support from me in the past. I ask you to step up and show your care in return. I really never ask for anything, this would be a first! Please help the people that are looking after my beloved girl so they can continue their good work. As everyone says: Every Cent Counts! So does every ounce of support!

A donation to this cause would be gratefully received and go 100% towards the rescue and medical costs of helping these neglected and rescued animals. We take donations using Paypal, please click on the donate button.

You can go and make a donation on the website here: http://www.webtrade.com.au/arajoel/saveme.htm (Scroll down the button to view donation button)

For a great trainer in NSW - Noahs K9 School: http://www.noahsk9school.com.au/

My sincere thanks to Arajoel, please share this post with your poker buddies and animal loving friends. It only takes 2 minutes to give $1 to help these wonderful people care - (alike I was helped!)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails