Monday, January 17, 2011

Aussie Poker Millions Hat Trick Adventure

This will likely be my last blog post before I take off to the 2011 Aussie Millions Poker Championship with my partner and photographer Tyrone Hunter to report on the $100,000.00 challenge. That's not what i wanted to write about though. I wanted to discuss my thoughts on the whole Aussie patriotism and the possible results of the Aussie Millions 2011 being, a possible Aussie Hat Trick!


We have witnessed 2 Aussie fairy tale endings in a row now, being the wonderful win by Stewart Scott followed by the win of Tyron Krost, also an Aussie. We Aussies like doing things in threes, there is nothing better then a hat trick (3 in a row) for us! Will the Aussie crowd roar as another Aussie crosses the Aussie Millions Poker Championship finish line in first place?


My thoughtful adventure on this topic started last January after Tyron Krost won the main event. Many of the Aussie spectators didn't even realize he was an Aussie and left! I remember having a small talk to Marsha Waggoner saying, I am sure there is one Aussie left (3 handed). Tyrone my partner disagreed as did most others in the crowd. I then looked around to see the Aussie cheer squad gone to realize I must have been wrong. Gladly there was one Aussie left and of course as stated he was victorious.


The very next day i was shocked to say the least - 2 Aussie Poker Players in a row! I started to think of that hat trick then and there and knew that 2011 would be even sweeter if an Aussie was on the final table. The live bloggers would be going crazy!


Anyway, I got to thinking of all the winning Aussies, we have a lot of them now. So many solid players! I wondered to myself who I would love to see win. i have so many close Aussie friends playing in the event and would so sweetly love to see them win. I have so many friends overseas though playing also. I will be cheering whoever my closest friend is on the final table I guess! But to witness a hat trick is something i would also love to see.


My first stop on this little adventure will be the player welcome party. This will follow with a close railing of the $100,000.00 Challenge and then the main event! A hat trick adventure of my own - my 3 favorite and what I consider to be the most exciting and important events on the calender.


To all those already there - I look forward to seeing you and wish you the very best. I am off on a pre adventure to find a dress to wear, I just don't have one that's suitable! I might stop by the hair salon and the beauty therapist along the way. I think a new pair of swim wear is also on the cards as well as a stack of caffeine tablets for the late nights ahead. Here's hoping for a fabulous time! - Did I mention it's the third year in a row with Tyrone by my side as a companion at the events? Certainly a hat trick for me already! It is also the 3rd year in a row that i will be writing for APW (Australian Poker Weekly) at the event, and that Tyrone will be taking pics! Howz That!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! :)

January 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails