Wednesday, January 26, 2011

David Saab is my Friend How Can he have become a Drug Trafficker?

It not often I am speechless. For the past few days I have been though. As per my last blog post I was headed off to the Aussie Millions and excited about meeting up with all of my friends I speak to pretty much daily; sometimes weekly. My first port of call was definitely to see David Saab, a good friend, a loved friend, a friend I can't believe is a drug trafficker!


David rang me up just 2 days before arrived and said "Hello my little drinking buddy! When will you be here?!?!" I told him i would meet him at the bar at the player party, I was very excited to be seeing him. He has been a great friend, supporter and adviser. At times he has been my rock, he has been my co-host, my friend.


At the bar we met, first person I saw when walking into the party. Hugs, kisses, drink jammed in my hand. All the usual behavior and excitement about the up and coming game and weekends. I went looking for other friends after this, lost track of where Dave was but had it sorted to meet with him and the Saab crew the next morning at 10:30am. I really was so very excited to meet all the members of his newly formed crew to say the least. Particularly Remo who I am also in close contact with - specifically come my final tables.


So I meet with the guys the next morning, talk to them for ages, go to a party later that night, speak to Remo at the party for what seemed an hour and went back to my motel. I didnt see them the next day or night and traveled home to do some "homely things" and get ready for week 2 of my Aussie Millions appointment. Then I received a phone call that no friend wants to hear. It was my birthday, I was in terrible shock, it ruined my day to say the least. The guys acted like their normal selves, we talked about poker and the Saab crew and life in general. Nothing was out of the ordinary in their behavior or actions. Any wonder I was shocked!


As per all of the articles you have likely read, David and Remo and some other guy were placed in jail after allegedly smuggling 21kg's of Cocaine into Australia from Vancouver. I was again; shocked but mostly in disbelief - I think I will be in disbelief until I know every factual detail. It kind of reminds me of when Victoria Coren wrote about her disbelief about Ron Fanelli the mad yank who murdered a prostitute and placed her body parts in a bag. Why did it? I didn't believe Dave would do this and I could not imagine him spending years of his life in prison. He is not that kind of guy (the same thing Victoria had said about Ron).


I have been asked many questions since the news broke. I have read a lot of horrible things about my friends in relation to this. Most people do write that Dave is a good guy and of course I agree. Most people are also in disbelief. Many supportive, many defamatory.


Lot's of people say (now - not before) that David was obviously on drugs due to his bright, bubbly, shit talking personality. I can say as far as I am aware he isn't a coke addict and he is always bright and bubbly, giggly and talking non stop at even 9am whilst he has a hangover and drink his green tea. They couldn't be further from the truth. He is a bright man and that's just him. Again an intelligent man, which again; brings me to further disbelief.


Time will tell, I have no answers other then I will be keeping faith and hoping for the best for my friend even if he did do something stupid. Again IF. I find this hard to believe from David Saab.


Back to Aussie Millions tomorrow and hopefully not back there to be asked stupid questions that I cant answer. I read the same papers and speak to the same people as anyone who would ask me anything so I really have nothing to comment about.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails