Monday, December 20, 2010

Poker Songs Im ALL IN To Be Released January

I decided at the beginning of the year that there simply was not enough good poker songs for us to listen to. Certainly there wasn't any that I could play that really suited the feelings of actually playing poker. This resulted in my co-writing a song with Jimmie Lee Jersey Outlaw called I'm ALL IN; to be released in January 2011.

The poker songs that we have the option to listen to are well known and over played. How many times have most people played "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers and now "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga? It was this thought that made me do what I always do - create and write!

Over the years poker has changed. Back in the days of the dead man's hand quite possibly "On a warm summers evening, on a train bound to no-where" may have been suitable as would the words "You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em". Mostly we all look for big tournament wins now. The song I'm ALL IN is more based on these.

The song doesn't carry on about keeping a poker face, losing your shirt or knowing poker strategy. It is based on the feelings we have when playing a poker tournament and working our way to the big one, the big win, hitting that river card when we are all in and every feeling that we get from the second we make the all in call until that river card does hit for us!

The song isn't Lady Gaga style either. I am a rocker of old and Jimmie Lee is a rocker too, he usually has a bit of a country twists (country rock) and I think the song takes him just to the borderline of rock only. The song is very much "Jet" sounding.

I often wonder what possesses me to do such things and there is a good explanation for this little project! I almost went deaf as a child through rock music! My dad is a singer, song writer, guitarist. He played as back up band lead singer before AC/DC many times in Sydney when I was little and was well known around the Sydney Beach areas and most other parts of Australia. The death of Bon Scott had huge impact on our family and he lightened up on playing rock as AC/DC got their new singer which was obviously not him - he turned them down for the record because of me!

The rock however lives on in my family and will live forever now through Jimmie Lee, Jersey Outlaw and Poker. I would like to extend my blog post to thank Jimmie for taking my words into account and allowing me to be part of the song I'm ALL IN which I am hoping will be a huge hit. I will blog when it is released and you have the opportunity to order your copy. For the meantime you can see Jimmie's country rock albums which are already available and listen to a few of his hits at www.jimmieleeongs.com , for those wanting to see Jimmie live, I heard a whisper he is playing before legend George Thorogood very soon - stay TUNED! (Literally)

2 comments:

Pamela Jones said...

Oh Geezzz, every get chills when reading something Spectacular? Well I just did from reading this blog..I have been Privileged to hear this song in it's "Rough" draft, and believe me, this song and lyrics will blow one's mind. I am waiting in anticipation for the Final Release to be sent to me to play on my online live poker radio, OnTiltRadio. Jimmie Lee I can't thank you enough for this amazing opportunity to be one of the first to play "I'm All In" for my audience. Danielle, you never cease to amaze me with your brilliant writing capabilities. It is a pleasure knowing the both of you, and looking forward to meeting you both in Vegas so that we can all Promote this song..and take it to the top!!! I'm diggin it!!!

December 21, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Danielle Adams-Benham said...

Thanks Pamela! Comments like these make everything that people do worthwhile - big smile from me! Happy New Year to OTR!

December 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails