Monday, December 27, 2010

The Year That Was 2010

I am not sure how everyone's poker year was but I had a blast! Life itself as usual mimicked my poker game with its ups and downs, a lot a of downs actually in both but a lot of ups and many surprises too! I had a blast in January at the Aussie Millions Poker Championship covering the tournament for Australian Poker Weekly, Woman Poker Player Magazine and for my own eyes also. It was a treat to see Marsha Waggoner inducted into the Australian Poker Hall of Fame and to see Annette Obrestad win her event and a gold ring. It was also a blast railing Sorel Mizzi on the final table, I must not be very patriotic was my determination on that! 2 Aussies at the final table and I was sitting with crew huggy! January also saw me have a fabulous birthday, meet with friends in real life such as Erik Aude' & Barry Woods.

February I set sail to Sydney with my son to meet up with Barry and Allyn Shulman where I toured the cruise boat they were holidaying on, have some dinner at the RockPool and share some special moments with my son in the pouring rain at various Sydney attractions. Meeting up with Barry and Allyn was one of the years most memorable times! They are such fabulous people and I class them as great friends!


WTF Poker was soon born and i found myself teaming up firstly with Hannah Elizabeth who definitely brings the broad back into broadcasting, she is one hell of a lady! Global time was an issue with that little project so we parted ways and I again teamed up with another co-host David Saab. Again, a traveling pro and time constraints causing issues saw WTF poker go on hold till i can get my own head around it!

Womens Poker News at this stage was also starting to rock along, health saw me slow down on that one, lets face it - there are only so many things a woman can do! Between Dr battles, livers shutting down, endometriosis and 4 kids, I had so much to do! Priorities saw WPN (Womens Poker News) go on hold - rest assured it WILL be back though just like WTF Poker!

I however continued a little writing as the year went along for a lot of different poker media outlets including: Woman Poker Player Magazine, Australian Poker Weekly (who has now had it's 100th edition!), Canadian Poker Tour Magazine, IPPAGlobal, Poker Pro Magazine Online, Poker Pro Magazine Canada, Poker Pro Magazine Europe, Poker Pro Magazine USA and of course this blog (to name a few). I wonder at times why i am not writing for more Australian Magazines, I guess its my lack of patriotism as I have determined my work is of high quality!

The fabulous Pokeriety also started up on facebook and I am hoping that ALL of you have become part of Team Down Under Danielle - If you have not as yet join up! Pokeriety is the game of fun and its totally free for you all to play. I am hoping the coming year will see our team onslaught the rest of the world. Again, it seems I am not patriotic, I could just have team Australia or Team Down Under, I have far too many friends abroad! Team Down Under Danielle is an indicator that I simply come from Down Under and have a Team Down Under me too, it also matches the blog you read.

I played very little online poker at the start of the year as I was so busy battling health issues, kids and what not but that did not stop FeltStars approaching me about a nice sponsorship deal which thrilled me to pieces! Needless to say, I took the deal, signed the paper and started having interviews rather then getting other peoples stories. Quite a change in lifestyle there! I am proudly a Team FeltStars Pro, the only female and currently 1 of 2 Aussies. FeltStars is growing rapidly and I love being part of our fabulous hard working team!
I had quite nice few wins and placings from here on in soaring my cash rate a little higher with further study on my game and what i was doing wrong. I also headed to represent FeltStars at the only 2 tourneys I have been physically able to this year: Melbourne Champs teams event and ladies event. The teams event I went out against a gutshot straight flush and the ladies event not only did i play like crap but my opponents were terrible as i copped beat after beat that was just unbelievable. I certainly made up for the beats that night with bourbons!

The end of the year has seen me join forces with Per Hagen and Joe Wass at Poker Publicist where we create BUZZ about YOU just alike I created buzz about myself to get everything i have gotten to date in this crazy world of poker. Want to get endorsements or a sponsorship deal? I am the person to see! Let's Buzz YOU!

The most amazing thing this year for me poker wise was co-writing the song I'm ALL IN with Jimmie Lee Jersey outlaw which is only a few weeks away from releasing. Certainly I am one to step outside the square and this little project placed a cherry on top of the years poker ice cream! If i am not touring next year to spend 12 hours at a time in tourneys which I might still not be physically fit for, I will be hanging out the top of Jimmies Limo with Tyrone, Jimmie and 4 kids by my side drinking JD's lol.

I cant complain about my health anymore, i have just been cleared by the doctor liver wise, "live as normal, don't get legless and do not take nurophen" were the most wonderful words I heard this year, other then I LOVE YOU from my kids, Tyrone and my family and friends. I have much support this year and have given more in return, I would really like to thank and make mention to a new few special friends and friends of old in no particular order. If I missed you off my list it is simply as I am emotional thinking of everyone!

Tyrone Hunter, My Kids, My brothers, sisters and parents, Maryann Morrison, Alfred Markarian, Michael Pickard, Team FeltStars, Aniket Warty, Matthew Moate and MITH, Jimmie Lee, Emma Grace, Den and Jen, Gary Benson, Marsha Waggoner, Ontilt Radio, Holdem Radio, barry and Allyn Shulman, Shane McDowell and Ontilt Clothing, APT, David Saab, Hannah Elisabeth, Queen Bee, Erik Aude', Constance Hammock, Barry Woods, Glen Franco, Amy and Jen from Womens Poker Hour, Joe and per Poker Publicist, Johnny QUADS! , PMS poker wear, ........ wow out of breath! ....... TJ from raise n fold, Chloe Rhys-Jones, rich, helle, odie (always in my mind) Ange my twin!!!!!!!! Look; there are FAR TOO MANY of you! Please add your name for me, we will be here ALL DAY otherwise lol. Add in comments and I will personally thank you! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! Happy New year 2011 everyone!

Lets hope we can legalize online poker worldwide!
Here is a little drunken clip of me singing You're the Voice to top off my crazy year! Remember YOU ARE the VOICE, we all ARE! xoxo HAPPY NEW YEAR VOICES - THIS IS THE CLIP LOL!

2 comments:

WomanPokerPlayer said...

As always you have been a more than welcome addition to Woman Poker Player but especially to me as my dear friend! To 2011 - may it rock the mostest! :)

December 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Danielle Adams-Benham said...

Ditto!

December 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails