Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Poker Domination Strategy and Use


I recently sat back and watched one of the world’s best professional poker players on another table during the MTT (Multi-Table Tournament) we had entered.

Watching him play brought to my attention his ability to take charge of the table. His natural ability to lead and dominate stood out to me, more than anything, going on – even my own game.

Through the initial tournament stages he pushed and shoved, he dominated to the point he had table ownership. Respect came from this table ownership! Such respect that if he raised the opponents in the poker tournament folded. When he was called, he didn’t back down unless an obvious firing gun was pointed at his head.

This made me realise that even in an online poker tournament; taking charge of your table and dominating is by far the best method to achieve brilliant results.

His leadership role continued from table to table, there was never a chance he was going to be beaten. It appeared by taking leadership of his table, and taking the chip lead of the entire poker tournament, the tournament was also under his control! Domination from the start works, taking the leadership role on the table and for the entire tournament is something we all should try and do.

Admittedly I was busted out in 40th place after attempting some stupid aggression to take the lead and try and dominate my table. I learnt from this mistake though, I did it too late! Once the table was owned it was too late! The only way I could have altered this is attack the dominator, make him look foolish and me the one in table control. Next time, leadership and domination from the start or at the right point!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails