Thursday, June 3, 2010

Women at the World Series of Poker 2010 My Winning Tips & My Feminine Poker Thoughts

Today I find myself laying around and day dreaming. I have been thinking of my fellow women in poker, the WSOP and have also had deep thoughts about my friends and teams that I think have a really good chance this year. I thought my laying around day dreaming picture would be suitable for such a post to help you get the picture LOL. Let's start with me re-capping my thoughts on women and the WSOP.

There has been much speculation about 2010 being the year of women in poker and I have got to say I have been some what impressed by the performance of many ladies this year! There was a comment made by an absolute imbocile which has me writing this blog post on women. He said "A woman won't win a bracelet at the WSOP even if they are the only entrant - women suck at poker." The guy has my attention! Obviously! Comments anyone?

Here's my comment to the guy who thinks he knows everything. "You mate, are a fool! Let's start with the fact that there will definietly be one women that wins a bracelet and I won't be argued with on that. Infact, I am willing to make a wager bigger then I ever have before! You have no clue what you are talking about, obviously a lady will win a bracelet..... In the ladies event durrrrr!!!!!!" (I was laughing so hard as I thought this) Maybe there will not be 3 winners; but there WILL be at least one.

Anyway, events are underway and it's getting very exciting! If I had to pick a female that would win a bracelet beyond the ladies event it would be Annette Obrestad; although such pressure could surcome her. I guess everyone is expecting a big performance from her. I think an unknown women will cash too. Actually I HOPE not think. I want to see another last lady standing; one we don't know of as yet. It would be a fabulous addition to the years events. A new poker queen on a throne to join the current ones.

So just a quick re-cap on women in poker leading up to the tournaments of tournaments the WSOP.

We had Annette Obrestad win an Aussie Millions Gold ring to be the first sole woman.
We had Annie Duke take down NBC heads up
Liv Boeree win EPT San Remo
Vanessa Selbst has won the 2010 PokerStars North American Poker Tour

There have been many small wins too that people havn't noticed. Including ones in the WSOP circuit events. The likes of the CPT (canadian poker tour) see's a lady Mary Gabriel in 2nd spot too.

There have been 2 women signed as team pro's with online poker rooms (that I know of off the top of my head). Lacey Jones became the face of the CPT. Womens poker hour has re-started with Amy Zupko and Chess Bitch Jennifer Shahade and in Australia Kirsty Brew showing that she can come back to win an event from less then the cost of a big blind with 3 tables to go! (poker network magazine editor).

There has been a ton of publicity directed at women too. "Year of the women", "Women wins event". You get the hint; I think it already is the year of the women of poker, with or without an additional bracelet win beyond the ladies tournament at the WSOP.

In addition to all of this we have Marsha Waggoner being the only inductee for the year and first female inducted into the Australian Poker Hall of Fame. The USLPC (US Ladies Poker Championship) coming up. The Maven Awards for Women in Poker in it's Inagrual year (with some fine candidates I must add) and much, much, more! I could type all day, but I won't! You get the hint.

I am now going to sit back and watch and cheer on the ladies of the felt; and also my team mates from Team FeltStars at the WSOP. I will also be cheering on team Shulman again and are hoping to see them hit the final table or even take down another bracelet. Of course, I will also be cheering on all my friends and fellow Aussies when I see them doing well. Until next years WSOP when there will be one more lady added to the felt in Vegas - me!

Just to prove I pre thought of it, in the case that it may happen. I pick that my mate Sorel Mizzi will final table the WSOP and or win a bracelet. I think he is ready to bash his way through. Good Luck to Huggy also!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails