Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hot Beyond Hot

We all see the words 'Hot and Chick' combined together in a sentence and what do we think? Most people think of a young, sensuous woman who is physically beautiful in every way. This is a very natural way to think. It has been implanted over periods of time into our brains a hot chick is SEXY, big breasted, has beautiful hair, face, legs you name it!

My name in the world of online gaming is none other than Hot Aussie Chick. I remember the first article ever written about me. The heading read “It’s All About Poker For Hot Aussie Chick!”. Indeed I was in shock especially when seeing the glamorous toned and over sexy picture of Pamela Anderson on the page next to me in almost full size! My tiny little picture was nothing on hers and one could never expect to see them self as a “Hot Aussie Chick” the way the world perceives one in any case.
I thought “Oh well! Hot Aussie Chick it is!” and took that name on board for the poker industry. Never for a second did I give a thought as to the expectations I would have to live up to and the personal physical maintenance involved. Regardless, the name stuck. I soon started writing for the publication with my column being called Hot Topics.

I gained excessive attention and suddenly found myself as a poker podcast segment host, for the Australian sector mainly. Again surprised, shocked and every other associated word that comes to mind when hearing my introduction – “Hi Your listening to poker down under and everywhere else with that Hot Aussie Chick Danielle Benham”.

It seemed there was no escaping this name. It stuck like glue. Panic set in as to whether I could live up to being a “Hot Chick”! This set me into a real spin. I was then on a mission. I went to such degree to decipher this word “Hot” it wasn’t funny. I looked up definitions in various dictionaries; I asked people “do you really think I am a “Hot Chick?””. The answer was always “Hell Yeah”. Although it seemed a pointless quest, I continued on this mission finally getting an answer which was more than philosophically right. I now knew why i was branded a “Hot Chick”.

To look at the real definitions of hot and take away the implanted slang and put it in the context of calling a woman “hot” now made sense. Let me explain how!

I was told by my philosophical friend and colleague that hot was more than just looks, it was a combination of things. Indeed he was right. Hot could be placed in front of many words. "a hot temper"; "a hot topic"; "a hot new book"; "a hot love affair"; "a hot argument". All of these things are not “hot” because of physical appearance. In fact, they are not physically attractive at all! A hot chick can be compared.

I realised I was being called hot for many reasons. I was smart, witty, on time, organised, fast and furious on a poker table, quick with compliments, on top of marketing, awesome with computers, knew my online gaming, full on in the poker world in every way indeed I was HOT – BURNING in fact!

I keep on top of my physical appearance as well as I can; regardless I will remain “hot” forever, maybe not a chick (being seen as a young lass), but for now I will accept the “chick” part of my name. Forever will I be in the poker industry and hot on the tails of the best online gaming systems, players and strategies. Forever will I burn less then expecting opponents at the poker table and each and every day my skills and abilities will only get better in every aspect of my career. Now that’s hot! In the industry of online gaming, specifically the poker side there are few “chicks” that go beyond a poker table. To all those that do, I call you HOT.

I hope after reading my first blog some embedding has left your brain on the typical “hot” definition. Next time someone says to you that “she is not hot” think beyond a physical appearance and remind the person telling you this, “physically; maybe not so, but she is smoking in every other way!”

Watch for my next blog, Becoming a Professional Poker Player! Indeed helping others do this is one HOT NICHE of mine ;)

Danielle - Aka - Hot Aussie Chick xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

QUEEN-BEE said...

You are for sure one HOT AUSSIE CHICK my friend

July 2, 2009 at 3:05 AM
FurnessPoker said...

Way to go girl :)

July 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails