Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tilting Twitter Twits

Of late it has come to my attention - and most likely yours too if you are on Facebook, Twitter or other similar online sites that a twitter phenomenon has started. Most importantly I have noticed the effect this is having on the world of poker and some poker player’s poker game, some of the biggest guns of poker being involved too!

In case you don't know, twitter is an online site basically used to tell people continually what you are doing via mobile messaging. You type something such as "I am currently writing an article for an online poker blog". This is done on a device such as your mobile phone or directly on the twitter site - www.twitter.com So let’s say I am a Twitter Twit, a very popular one at that! I type as above that I am writing this article and my "followers" receive this on both their computer at twitter or if pre-set, on their mobile phones. I must add before continuing, some people have more than 2000 followers in the poker world. This is a lot of mobile SMS texting after 1 tweet. A big bonus for the telecommunications companies!

The point I am getting to is the following: people (Twitter Twits) are doing continual updates instead of having continual focus and concentration on their poker strategy. They should PLAY POKER not Tweet! They tell the world, "how many chips they have, how they are currently grinding, how they are going all in or about to be busted". Even more alarming is a lot of these people are tweeting from of all places, the World Series of Poker! Not surprised when I see their tweet: "I have just been busted out". What do they expect?

Using a mobile phone whilst driving a car is extremely dangerous we are told. Similarly incompatible are poker tables and Twitter Twits, although these usually represent danger to themselves only. Twittering in my opinion equates to loss of concentration and foreshadows danger even if done during a break from the table. There is a bonus though, for those who follow and don't Tweet. Make sure you are following the Tilting Twitter Twit on your poker table and you are sure to know their next move. Be a follower whilst playing - avoid being a Twit!

Feel free to follow me on twitter - HotAusChick is my twitter name – I can assure you however I won’t be playing online poker or at the World Series of Poker and tweeting!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails