Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Ancestral Hunting Method Used for Today's Poker Society

Our ancestors from centuries ago had no choice but to hunt for live prey to survive. Their daily and weekly hunts if not successful had consequences; their families would starve or be forced to eat basic fruits and nuts. The choices made by our ancestor hunters were very important in determining their success rate. These choices apply to our online poker and live poker games. For these hunters, times and places carefully determined; was the general key to success and a plentiful meal.

As a poker player completely reliant on poker as a source of food for our families (or self) we should look carefully at exactly what our hunting ancestors did. We should see these hunting ancestors as role models for our choices and determinations in poker prior to playing even a freeroll tournament.

These hunting role models take everything in consideration before their hunt.

1. Dress (camouflage)

2. Time (When the most easily caught prey is around)

3. Location (Where their prey are located)

4. Weapons (What they have at their disposal to catch their prey)

5. Energy (Are they energised enough to hunt)

The list could be much longer but the above points are for now sufficient.

In comparison to poker lets line these up again and I will show you my preparation.

1. I dress comfortably; wear a cap and usually sunnies with intimidating poker brand clothing. Or camouflage any poker knowledge by wearing a hot and attractive outfit somewhat like the red dress I am wearing in the pic beside this sentence.

2. When playing online I hit the tables when people in other countries will be tired and drunk. Friday and Saturday night USA and Europe time is good for me. When playing live, I try to have a good rest and hit the tables when I know most others are tired and again have been drinking.

3. I look for online poker rooms where there are plenty of fish and no sharks. You will not see me playing high stakes on fulltilt poker as I don’t have that much money for starters but also as I will be looking down the poker food chain for some nippers. Small rooms are good for me.

4. I go in with all guns blazing. I use everything I have been taught from trapping through to the mathematics that I know. I use all of my poker strategy!.

5. I make sure I am energised, alert, and have had a nice nutritious meal.

Before going off to play your next game of Poker think of our highly skilled ancestors, the hunters. Be prepared; alike our ancestors were for optimal success rate in catching your chips on the felt for your weekly meals.

Ensure you are at the right place at the right time, have had plenty of sleep and a nutritious meal and that you have all guns loaded. If you are playing live, dress for success.

The fact the we are alive on this earth today is perfect evidence that the hunters of yesteryears didn't starve to death and that they provided plentiful amounts of food for their families. For if their methods had failed, human life would not have sustained. What worked for them, works for us, take the knowledge they left behind and use it on your next poker hunt. Go for the successful kill or eat peanuts; it really is as simple as that!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails